The Academic Forum – drawn from a number of UK universities – is:
- creating a database of UK researches, teachers, research, courses.
- creating a research database of published lean construction papers
- encouraging discussion of lean construction teaching and research
- hosting a Post Grad Student workshop to encourage and support graduate students undertaking research in lean construction
- planning expert webinars for MSc, PhD, teachers — and others (including practitioners if there is space)
- organising an open competition for the best UK MSc, Undergraduate and PhD dissertations exploring the application of lean thinking to design, construction and facilities management — these will eventually be available on the website.
- making available examples of the best of MSc, Undergraduate and PhD dissertations with critical comments from a board of experts — these will eventually be available on the website.
- hosting other events for lean practitioners and academics.