1st March 2012 at Weston College
Alan Mossman, The Change Business
Alan Tate, Trowers and Hamlins
Craig Madders, Skanska
Lee Davis, Plymouth Uni
Roland Parsloe, Skanska
Simon Davies, Welsh Heath Estates
Steve Ward, LCI-UK (Chair)
Terry Watkins, Welsh Heath Estates
Tim Stringer, Integral
Aims of LCI-UK –SW were agreed as
- Promote the uptake of Lean Construction for the Public Good
- Grass roots organisation based on regional groups of practitioners and enthusiasts
- LCI Trustees to lead initially but asap hand over to Industry Chairs. After this Trustees to provide practical support as pulled by groups
It was agreed to run one group until large enough to split
There was a discussion which covered many aspects of Lean Construction and touched on current research, Last Planner, SMED applied to construction, lean in healthcare, forms of contract and their affect on lean, lean design, highways and maintenance.
There was a consensus that this meeting in itself had been very helpful and informative — learning more about others experiences and had generated ideas. It was felt that short focused presentations (20-25mins) on specific aspects of lean followed by discussion would be a good format going forward. The frequency and timings of meets were discussed and it was agreed that two hour meets from 6 to 8pm every other month would work for everyone present.
All to forward their preferred subjects for presentation to Steve W– both what they would like to hear and what they could present themselves.
Immediate ideas included
• Experience in healthcare
• How to Evaluate the adoption of lean
• Learn more about topics discussed tonight in intros. (current research, lastplanner, SMED applied to construction, lean in healthcare, forms of contract and their affect on lean, lean applied to highways, design and reactive maintenance)
Preferred subjects received so far:-
• Advice on a reading list
• Engaging the workforce and how best to do it.
TBA but will aim for WC 14th May – venue in South Wales.